Dear Nature lovers,
our group is now re-opened for submissions. Detailed guidelines are in previous journal but I will take an opportunity to remind you of few guidelines you should follow if you wish your work to be accepted in this group.
1. This is Nature club, which means that we wish to show photos from the Nature. It is primariliy photo club, and folders are organized so to fit categories in Photograph-Animals, plants and nature category. This means that you have to submit your photo in the folder with the same name as APN category you assigned to it, even if several apply, otherwise it will be declined. Some nature shots may be in other categories such as conceptual, wallpaper, darkroom etc, but then you should choose appropriate APN group to fit your work in.
2. Your photo must have a proper category assigned to it, if it's a miscat it will be declined even if dA category and folder name match. Quick reminder is that nature-miscellaneous is a category in which very few nature shots should be put to. If you're just too lazy to decide, it will be declined too.
3. For people who express their love of Nature in other media (written, painting, drawing, manipulation...) we have the folder named Nature in other media, so you don't submit your stuff in same folders as photographers or works will be declined. Mind you, those works must be realistic, this is not fantasy club - I love dragons too but not all people can see them so they don't belong in thhis group's gallery
4. Any work, despite of the fast that it might fit in APN gallery description, should not contain too much man made stuff (buildings, asfalt roads, ships, piers, vehicles, monumnents including those nicely integrated in the nature such as stone circles...). Cityscapes, transportation and such are not for this group. The exception might be to some park images where natural elements prevail, but fountains are not waterscapes.
5. People should be avoided in the photos- no people holding animals or flowers, portraits and such; few people in the distance might be ok but...). And certanily anything that can be placed in portrait gallery is not acceptable for this group.
6. Do not alter colours so they turn unnatural - b/w or sepia is fine, but playing with hue is not acceptable. Also, do not tilt the horizon - it does not add to artistic value anyway.
7. No photos of dead or cut flowers, or dead animals or their parts. It is all part of the life cycle, but we wish to see the life at its best here.
We do not judge the quality of your work, so all the stuff that gets declined is because you failed to follow the above guidelines. So please do not send notes to ask why it was declined - the answer is within the lines above and we do not have time to point it out to anyone who doesn't take time to read the guidelines or take care to click on the correct folder to submit. Too many people just don't respect the fact we do this in our free time so we can all enjoy nice photos and other work, and we don't have time to explain that again and again.
As we are a huge group, one submission per month is the limit, and remember that declines also count so be careful when submitting to choose your best work which fits the group and submit it to corrrect place.
Thank you for reading and understanding
Now, let's all enjoy Nature again and again